Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Unpoured polygons found - endless loop

I recently reviewed a design where everytime  I ran the DRC check for the PCB I would get a prompt to rebuild an un-poured polygon.











I selected Yes to rebuild the polygon and finish running the DRC check.

However if tried to run the DRC again I would get the same prompt.  I was stuck in an endless loop.

To find and fix the problem I went to Tools > Polygons Pours > Polygon Manager.

Using the Polygon Pour Manager, I sorted and found the un-poured polygon.
















Selected the polygon, right clicked > properties



















And found the problem - Remove Dead Copper






Altium was pouring then un-pouring the polygon because there was no same net object, so the copper was dead and removed at the end of each pour.

I deleted the unused polygon and got off the merry go round.

That's It !

No comments:

Post a Comment