Friday, July 29, 2022

Best Fonts to Use in Altium

I hope that someday Altium will give us a Font Wizard that will allow the user to choose Fonts in one place for all of the unified tools in Altium. 

Currently trying to hunt down where all of the font settings are in Altium is mind numbing.

My favorite schematic font is Arial Narrow because I can see the underscore_characters. Where in the Times Roman the _ is obscured.

My thinking is that Arial is a universal font, however 
the down side of using Arial is the confusion between the I (eye) and the l (el).

Consolas 11pt looks nice, that might be my new fav.

Unlike Arial there no confusion between the I (eye) and the l (el).

Also the O and 0 look better in Consolas.

See example fonts below

Arial (Underscore_Visible)
Times Roman (Underscore_Obscured)
Consolas (Underscore_Visible)
Calbri (Underscore_Visible)

Related Link: https://forum.live.altium.com/#/posts/251922/799803

That's it !

No comments:

Post a Comment